Clarborough & District Womens’ Institute The ideals of the Women's Institute of truth, justice,
tolerance and fellowship are as strong and important now in the 21st century as they were at the birth of the WI in 1915.
The Wi exists to educate women, to enable them to provide an effective role in the community, to expand their horizons and to develop and pass on important skills.
In the present coronavirus emergency all W.I. meetings and events are cancelled until further notice.
Well! Hasn't covid-19 put a spanner in the works? Instead of our usual programme of meetings and outings we, like everyone else, had to batten down the hatches and support each other as best we could. Chatty phone calls, little notes pushed through doors and a friendly wave from a safe distance have been so important for keeping up our spirits. At the time of writing some members are enjoying our series of (socially distanced) summer evening strolls and the committee are working hard to think of activities that we can all enjoy within the current guidelines. Hopefully it won't be long before our meetings can begin again. For the latest information about our activities keep a watch on our facebook page, this website and the various notice boards around the villages. See you soon!
Meetings usually take place on the second Monday of each month, in Clarborough Village Hall from 19:00 for start at 19:30 unless otherwise stated.
Visitors and new members are always welcome to join us at any time of the year; £4 including refreshments.
Yearly membership is £42.00 or pro rata as appropriate.
Clarborough & District W.I. Officers:
President: Tel. 07967 191 007
Secretary: Tel. (01777) 949 847
Find us also on Facebook at @clarboroughanddistrict
- 13th January: David Dawson – Life in the Hire boat business
- 10th February: Jan Palmer – Hand made soap
- 9th March: Mike Storr - “Masters of Mirth” OPEN MEETING
- 11th May: Resolutions meeting
- 8th June: Birthday meeting - Prosseco night
- 13th July: Visit to Hook W.I.
- August: NO MEETING
- 14th September: The history of busking - Dave Mooney
- 12th October: Games night
- 9th November: Jewellry making with Hillary
- 14th December: Christmas party
- 11th January: Retford Writers’ Group - Lesley Keating
- 15th February: Clarborough Handbell Ringers
- 8th March: Tai Chi - James David
- 12th April: Annual Meeting
For some photos of the recent events click here...