Healthwatch is the new independent consumer champion for health and social care services created by the Health & Social Care Act 2012.
See bottom of this page for regular Newsletters
Healthwatch aims to:
- Gather the views of local people about their experiences of local health and social care services
- Consult with the public about proposed changes to services to ensure that future service design and provision is influenced by local people
- Make recommendations to local providers on how services could be improved
- Represent the views of the wider community and minority groups
- Act as a hub of information to help people access services and make choices about their care
Across Nottinghamshire, there are many groups representing its diverse communities and interests. The Healthwatch Champions Network enables Healthwatch Nottinghamshire to collect information in a meaningful way and use this to support our influence to help to improve local Health and Social Care services.
How champion help us:
Champions are the ‘eyes and ears’ of Healthwatch in the community. As a member of a local group (or groups), they help us by:
- Distributing information supplied by Healthwatch Nottinghamshire and explain the organisation’s role at your group
- Sharing information about Healthwatch Nottinghamshire’s activities
- Collecting issues that your group raises and feeding back to Healthwatch Nottinghamshire
- Networking with partner organisations, staff and other volunteers
- Delivering presentations on Healthwatch Nottinghamshire’s behalf at local meetings (when necessary)
Interested in becoming a Champion?
Get in touch...
0115 963 5179
Unit 2-3, Byron Business Centre
Duke Street, Hucknall, Nottingham NG15 7HP
Nottinghamshire Healthwatch Newsletters:
To view all of Healthwatch Nottinghamshire’s recent Newsletters: www.healthwatchnottinghamshire.co.uk/about-us/publicity-documents/ and click on the Newsletters tab on the right.