An exciting, new option: Digital Image editing
We launched a short course of 5 weeks on Friday evenings starting on 4th January, 2019 which focused on digital photograph editing.
This will be based around the open source (free) application Gimp (see below) which has just undergone a major update to version 2.10.
Our first 5-week block of classes explored the following topics:
1. Installation of the latest Gimp version (2.10) - we provided the downloaded installation file to save members’ time downloading.
Exploration of the somewhat revised user interface and single window mode compared with three-window mode.
2. Use of the Clone tool to repair/ ‘airbrush’ images. Brief exploration of use of Print Screen key and then Fuzzy select tool. Introduction to the concept of layers.
3. The Quick Mask tool. Using this to copy part of an image and then pasting it into another image. Again a visit to the layers concept.
4. Return to the Quick Mask tool and then explore ways to convert a coloured image to monochrome (black-and-white) with significant degrees of ‘greying’. Majopr exploration of use of layers and colour masks to colourise a monochrome image.
5. Continue with the colourising of monochrome images.
The actual content of sessions will, once again, be mainly in the hands of group members - ‘gardeners’ question time’ again!
The full programme of 5 weeks costs just £30 so why not contact Greg via the links at the foot of this page to learn more or to book your place. This includes free installation of Gimp 2.10.
We anticipate, numbers being adequate, that this course, or a variation on it, will be offered again in November/December 2019 and January/February 2020. If you are interested, get in touch to find out more, or to book your place. Cost will remain £30 for the full 5-week course!
For more details or to enrol on our IT Group’s programmes, get in touch with Greg on (01777) 700 918 or e-mail email@example.com