Clarborough & District Womens’ Institute The ideals of the Women's Institute of truth, justice,
tolerance and fellowship are as strong and important now in the 21st century as they were at the birth of the WI in 1915.
The Wi exists to educate women, to enable them to provide an effective role in the community, to expand their horizons and to develop and pass on important skills.
Meetings usually take place on the second Monday of each month, in Clarborough Village Hall from 19:00 for start at 19:30 unless otherwise stated.
Visitors and new members are always welcome to join us at any time of the year; £4 including refreshments.
Yearly membership is £42.00 or pro rata as appropriate.
Clarborough & District W.I. Officers:
President: Tel. 07967 191 007
Secretary: Tel. (01777) 949 847
Find us also on Facebook at @clarboroughanddistrict
- 14th January: Confessions of a Country Vicar by The Rev. Canon Haydock
- 11th February: Curling - A road to the Olympic and Paralympic Games by Glenda Barrowman
- 11th March: Cathy’s Chocolate and Cakes
- 8th April: AGM
- 13th May: Resolutions Meeting
- 10th June: Birthday Meeting – Visit to Torworth Grange
- 8th July: Hook WI will join us at Clarborough for a quiz, supper and a good old catch-up!
August No meeting – Trip to Doddington Hall If you would like to join us contact the secretary for further details.
- 9th September: Stephen Flinders - “Who do you think you are?” OPEN MEETING
- 14th October: Viv Apple – “Nothing is ordinary” (Poetry reading)
- 11th November: Trinity Hospital – Canon Dick Lewis
- 9th December: Pensioners' Party
- 13th January: David Dawson – Life in the Hire boat business
- 10th February: Jan Palmer – Hand made soap
- 9th March: Mike Storr - “Masters of Mirth” OPEN MEETING
For some photos of the recent events click here...