Clarborough & District Womens’ Institute The ideals of the Women's Institute of truth, justice,
tolerance and fellowship are as strong and important now in the 21st century as they were at the birth of the WI in 1915.
The Wi exists to educate women, to enable them to provide an effective role in the community, to expand their horizons and to develop and pass on important skills.
Meetings usually take place on the second Monday of each month, in Clarborough Village Hall from 19:00 for start at 19:30 unless otherwise stated.
Visitors and new members are always welcome to join us at any time of the year.
Yearly membership is £39.00.
Clarborough & District W.I. Officers:
President: Tel. (01777) 702 179
Secretary: Mob. 07967 191 007
Also: Tel. (01777) 704 711
Find us also on Facebook at @clarboroughanddistrict
- 9th January: Long Clawson Dairy by Deborah Spencer
- 6th February: Chesterfield Canal by John Lower
- 13th March: Reach Learning Disability by Anna
- 10th April: AGM.
- 8th May: Resolutions Meeting
- 12th June: Birthday Meeting: visit to South Reach Disability Centre
- 10th July: Talking Stock. the Story of the Oxo Cube by Lesley Bensley
- August - no meeting
- 11th September: Small Scale Food Production by Dave Newman
- 9th October: Neal’s Yard Remedies by Julie Payne
- 13th November: The Unfinished Object
- 11th December: Christmas Party with Entertainment.
- 8th January: Social Evening with Pea-and-Pie Supper
- 12th February: R.N.L.I. by Geoff Cutts
- 12th March: Easter Treats by The Two Margarets
- 9th April: AGM
For some photos of the National Baton relay celebrating the
W.I.’s centenary as it visited Clarborough in June 2014 click here...