Clarborough & Welham Community
near Retford, Bassetlaw
North Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

We’re stronger together

Our website is funded & managed entirely by Clarborough & Welham IT Group

Action Fraud
website design software

Version 2.63
Site last updated on
March 2019

The 12 Frauds of Christmas - advice from the City of London Police on ways to avoid getting ‘stung’ over the Christmas period - and beyond. This is their 2013 issue which is also essential reading alongside Nottinghamshire Police’s 2014 version here...!

Support for victims

If you’ve been scammed, conned or ripped off there is something you can do about it.

Action Fraud is the UK’s national fraud reporting centre, and is the place to go to report fraud or to get advice.

Sometimes people choose not to report fraud or seek advice because they are embarrassed that they fell for a scam, con, swindle, or any other word used to describe the crime.

Remember that fraud is a crime and that fraudsters will constantly reinvent themselves to find new ways of tricking people. Anyone could be a  victim.

What should you do first?

If debit or credit cards, online banking or cheques are involved, your first step should be to contact your bank or credit card company.

If you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact Action Fraud. You can report a fraud using Action Fraud’s online fraud reporting tool or by calling Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.

If a crime is being committed you should call the police on 101 or if you are in danger on 999.

Ongoing support

When you report a fraud to Action Fraud, you are given the option to have your contact details passed on to Victim Support, the national charity that helps those affected by crime. If you take up this option, you will be contacted by someone from the charity and offered free and confidential emotional support and practical help.

If you know the criminals behind any type of fraud, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or by using our secure online form.  You can also contact your local police on 101.

If you've lost money to any type of fraud, report it to Action Fraud.